Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hello, world.

For awhile now, I've been meaning to share notes on readings.  I've been guilty of being an ambivalent blogger in the past, as my conflicts over recording one's inner reflections in public space that is not the pages of a book is one that I struggle with.  Ample evidence of my blogging misgivings may be found in the recesses of cyberspace as well as in my most recent (years old?) abandoned attempt, Dreams Like This, the spirit of which I have yet to be able to completely break from.  The difference, I am hoping lies in intent:  It is hard sometimes to argue that certain of one's private thoughts bear public airing.  However, when one is so inspired by ones reading that one feels compelled to share the fruits in writing - well, this may be worth it.  I say this because I was recently thrilled to find brainpickings, the literary brainchild of avid reader and brilliant enthusiast of human thought, Maria Popova, via a delightful On Being interview with Krista Tippett.  After all, as any avid reader may attest, it can sometimes be hard to find kindred souls.  In that spirit, here's to sharing and Hello, world.  I'll aim to update weekly from now on.

Photo provided by Alan Cleaver on flickr under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment